'Canoe man' John Darwin says helium astir killed himself for REAL erstwhile helium faked his ain decease successful £500,000 beingness security con
- Ex-teacher and situation serviceman faked decease to cod £500,000 successful beingness insurance
- Darwin, present 71, turned up live 5 years aft it was thought he'd died canoeing
- The Co Durham dad-of-two's ain sons thought helium had truly died successful the fake plot
- In a caller memoir, Darwin reveals helium astir perished portion faking his ain death: 'I could've been swept distant and died. I had astir done it without meaning to.'
- Darwin and woman Anne, 69, divorced portion some successful situation aft 38 years together
- Earlier this week caller woman Mercy, 48, said John is 'on his way' to combat successful Ukraine
By Adam Solomons For Mailonline
Published: 09:51 GMT, 26 March 2022 | Updated: 09:51 GMT, 26 March 2022
'Canoe man' John Darwin, who faked his ain decease truthful helium and his woman could assertion a beingness security payout worthy fractional a cardinal pounds, has revealed helium astir died staging his decease astatine sea.
Darwin 71, faked a fatal canoeing mishap disconnected the seashore of his County Durham location successful March 2002.
Wife Anne, 69, claimed £501,641.39 successful beingness security - portion erstwhile teacher and situation serviceman John continued to unrecorded successful concealed successful his ain home.
John and Anne Darwin were capable to wide their debts and assertion £500,000 successful beingness insurance
John's caller woman Mercy May, 48, said helium is 'on his way' to combat successful Ukraine - and has beingness insurance
- 'Canoe man' John Darwin almost killed himself for REAL when faking his own death in £500,000 con