Norfolk toddler died after accidentally strangling herself with thermometer wire

6 months ago 12

Toddler died aft accidentally strangling herself with thermometer ligament hidden down duvet arsenic brother, 2, slept adjacent - with 'tragic accident' caught connected question sensor camera

  • Adalind Alana Louise Blackburn died astatine 14 months 4 days aft tragic accident
  • The toddler was recovered unresponsive by her parent astatine location successful Thetford, Norfolk
  • She was rushed to infirmary and placed successful coma but tragically died 4 days later 

By Laurence Dollimore For Mailonline

Published: 12:50 GMT, 25 March 2022 | Updated: 15:28 GMT, 25 March 2022

A toddler with a 'beautiful smile' accidentally strangled herself to decease aft becoming entangled successful an electrical cablegram portion her two-year-old member slept nearby, an inquest has heard. 

Tragic 14-month-old, Adalind Alana Louise Blackburn, was filmed connected a question sensor camera arsenic she reached done her cot's slatting to drawback the cable, which was hidden down a duvet, astatine 6.20am connected March 13.      

Adalind was seen playing with the cord - attached to an physics country thermometer - successful the chamber she shared with her member astatine the household location successful Thetford, Norfolk, earlier it went astir her cervix and tightened, leaving her unresponsive.

Her parent Shauni Blackburn recovered her unconscious erstwhile she went into the country soon afterwards. She removed the ligament and dialled 999 and was advised to statesman CPR.

Paramedics arrived soon aft and continued trying to resuscitate Adalind earlier taking her to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.

She...

Read Entire Article